Temporary Residents / Overseas Qualifications

ASAR is not responsible for assessing overseas-qualified Sonographers for immigration purposes. Sonographers in this situation must contact the Australian Society of Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy (ASMIRT).

If the applicant is successful in the ASMIRT assessment, granting of accreditation by ASAR is usually a simple matter of sending the ASMIRT statement to the ASAR Registry registry@asar.com.au together with the completed ASAR online application form and payment of annual fee.


Temporary Residents With ASAR Accredited Qualifications

If you are an overseas resident and have graduated with an ASAR accredited post graduate qualification in ultrasound and you want to work in Australia, then you require a valid work visa and you must follow the application process for overseas applicants (ASMIRT Assessment) as outlined for temporary residents/overseas qualifications.

If all requirements for application are met, then you qualify for accredited status as an Accredited Medical Sonographer (AMS 1B) on the ASAR Register.