All Accredited Medical Sonographers and Accredited Student Sonographers actively registered on the ASAR Register for the purposes of Medicare Australia; are deemed as "Registrants".
Accredited Medical Sonographers have the additional option of becoming Members of ASAR Limited.
BECOMING A MEMBER
The Members of ASAR are the individuals who are Accredited Medical Sonographers on the Registry in accordance with rule 10.b)2) who are interested in the Objects of ASAR; who agree to become Members and who the Board in its absolute discretion admits to membership in accordance with the ASAR Constitution.
Rights of Members
A Member has a right:
- to attend and to speak at general meetings;
- to nominate, to be nominated and to be appointed a Director; and
- to vote a general meetings and on resolutions put to the membership.
Application for membership
- any eligible Accredited Medical Sonographer may apply to become a Member of ASAR Limited
- there is no additional charge for membership
- applications for membership must be in writing by submission of an Application for Membership of the ASAR Limited form
- applicants should refer to the ASAR Constitution Section III for further information pertaining to membership.
Cancellation of membership
- members may cancel membership at any time
- written request to cancel membership must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- cancellation of membership does not affect registration status on the ASAR register.
BECOMING A MEMBER DIRECTOR
All voting members of ASAR are entitled to nominate and be nominated to be appointed as a member Director of the Board, when vacancies exist.
Voting members of ASAR should familiarise themselves with what is involved in Becoming A Member Director of ASAR Ltd., before standing for election.